The Foothill Striders club is a local, nonprofit organization that was established in the early 1980s to promote recreation and healthy lifestyles among its members and to provide them with an avenue for community service. The club organizes various activities for the membership, including hikes, bike rides, runs, walks, backpack trips, whitewater-rafting excursions and picnics. The club is dedicated to promoting the healthy enjoyment of the natural recreational resources of East Tennessee.
More About The Club
Club membership is made up of a diverse group of area residents, having a wide range of leisure interests.
• Members range in age from preteens to senior adults.
• The club organizes a variety of outdoor activities for the enjoyment of members.
• The club meets regularly for fellowship and informational programs.
• Annual membership dues are $15 for an individual or $20 for a family.
Members of the Foothill Striders receive:
- E-delivery of our newsletter
- Eligibility for 1,200 Mile Club (running), 600 Mile Club (running), cycling challenge and 900 Mile Club (hiking) awards
- Coupon for $10 off shoes at Fleet Feet Knoxville after running 600 miles as part of 1,200 Mile Club
- Eligibility to join the Foothill Striders running team ($5 discount at KTC team races)
Many members also enjoy the opportunities for community involvement afforded through club membership.
• The club has given over $100,000.00 to our local community including the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
• The club sponsors the annual Tour de Blount bicycle event, which attracts approximately 500-700 riders each year.
• The club has “adopted” a section of U.S. Highway 321 near Heritage High School.
• The Striders assist with the Reindeer Run and Spring Sprint road races each year.
To register online or pay membership dues via RunSignUp.com – Click Here